Tuesday 11 March 2008

Gah

Bought the latest Triple J Hottest 100 compilation album.

Rip the tracks using Media Player (I'm crazy ok).

Sync to device.

"The server throws an exception".

Find out that Windows has decided to tell me that all mp3 files are incompatible with my mp3 player and that they are MPEG-2 files.

Plan B.

Open Realplayer.

Wait for it to s top responding and then start responding again 5 mins later (probably because the system is going "OHHH SHIT!!!! THERE ARE TWO MEDIA PLAYERS OPEN" since I am listening to music)

Add tracks to Realplayer

Transfer to device using Realplayer.

Success.

So you can clearly see which media player I now prefer for transferring songs to, unfortunately Realplayer doesn't put the songs in nice files on the player but just throws them on there, it still works but looks messy if I do anything WMP related.

Now I'm worrying that my MP3 player, which is just a big hard drive, won't accept being used as a hard drive for other files that I will need.

No comments: